- For Sale by Private Treaty
Unique and beautifully finished 2/3 bedroom “Upside-Down” house in a picturesque location only 4 miles from Ballyhaunis town. What began as a renovation of the original house in 2009 became a labour of love and the property has been carefully and lovingly restored and extended over the last 9 years.
The original portion of the house was built in 1890 and it is of stone construction. The renovation project included a complete overhaul of the original house and the addition of a 2-storey extension to the side and rear.
To make the most of the beautiful surrounding landscape, the house was designed with the living accommodation on the 1st floor and the bedrooms on the ground floor. This “upside-down” design allows the owners to avail of 360° views of the rolling green landscape.
The house is well insulated, has gas central heating and solar panels and this is reflected in the C2 Building Energy Rating.
– Large, bright entrance hall (2.7m x 4m) with tile and solid timber (variation ash) floor, tongue and groove ceiling and a solid variation ash staircase with carpet. This space is well lit with large windows providing natural light from three directions.
– Master Bedroom with ensuite (4.5m x 4.5m) with carpet floor, feature redbrick fireplace, large walk-in wardrobe, fully tiled ensuite with shower.
– Double Bedroom with ensuite (4.8m x 4.6m) with carpet floor, feature redbrick fireplace, tongue and groove ceiling, fully tiled ensuite with shower. This bedroom is exceptionally spacious and could accommodate 2 double beds.
– Laundry Room to the rear of the house (2.5m x 4.8m)
– Large, bright landing with carpet floor and large windows offering great views of the surrounding countryside. Nice quiet reading area.
– Large Kitchen (4.6m x 5.4m) with solid timber (variation ash) floor, fully restored dry-fuel range (heats water), tile splashback, tongue and groove ceiling and Velux ceiling light.
– Sitting room with solid timber (variation ash), tongue and groove ceiling, Velux ceiling light, original cast iron open fireplace, fully restored with redbrick surround.
– Sun room (4.8m x 4.8m) with semi-solid timber floors, tongue and groove vaulted ceiling. Octagonal in shape, this room is flooded with ample natural light and provides beautiful panoramic views. It could be used as a living room, dining room or a 3rd bedroom.
This stunning property was fully painstakingly restored and finished to an excellent standard. It sits on a large landscaped site and would make an ideal family home. A winding roadway leads up to the house which sits back from the road and is surrounded by landscaped garden.
There are 2 outbuildings, one of which is a double height building with 3 roller doors. The building is 15m long by 8.5m wide, divided into 3 bays with a concrete ground floor and a mezzanine 1st floor. It would provide great storage space for any family or a great workshop for a trades person or DIYer.
Viewing is highly recommended on this beautiful unique house. Please contact the sole selling agents, Gerard Hanley Auctioneers on 094 9371479 and ask to speak with Gerard or Mark.
Claremorris Town 15 miles
Knock Airport 15 miles
Galway 43 miles
Roscommon 27 miles
- Large 3 Bay Garage
- Gas Central Heating
- Solar Panels
- 4 mile to Ballyhaunis Town
- Restored & Extended 1890 Farmhouse
- Beautiful Countryside Location
BER No 111127536
Energy Performance Indicator: 187.46 kWh/m2/yr